Dr. John R. McGill
Dr. John R. McGill, M.D. received his medical degree from the Medical University of South Carolina, and subsequently completed his Plastic Surgery Residency at the same university. His Post-Doctoral training also included a Fellowship in Hand Surgery at Rush Presbyterian-St. Luke's Medical Center, Chicago, IL. Practicing since 1978, Dr. McGill is board certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery.
Dr. McGill is the Past President of the Penobscot Medical Society, the Maine Medical Association, the New England Society of Plastic Surgeons, the Northeastern Society of Plastic Surgeons and the Maine Chapter of the College of Surgeons. In addition, he is a past Board Member of the American Society of Plastic Surgeons. He currently is a delegate to the AMA, representing the American Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgeons, and serves on the board of the Northeastern Society of Plastic Surgeons.
Dr. McGill maintains a number of professional affiliations, including:
- American Society of Plastic Surgeons
- American Association of Plastic Surgeons
- American Association of Hand Surgeons
- American Medical Association
- American Cleft Palate Association
- American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery
- Curtis P. Artz Society
- Fellow - American College of Surgeons
- Past President - Maine Chapter American College of Surgeons
- Past President - Maine Medical Association
- Past President - New England Society of Plastic & Reconstructive Surgeons
- Past President - Northeastern Society of Plastic Surgeons
- Past President - Penobscot County Medical Society
- Best Doctors® of the Year - 2008 to present
Dr. McGill believes in individualized care and consultation. Every patient's needs, goals and expectations are unique, and are therefore handled with concern and care. Successful care is a partnership between doctor and patient, and Dr. McGill specializes in bringing you the solutions to your concerns.